The First Congregational Church of Darien seeks a part-time Director of Finance to join a dynamic team of caring professionals. The Director of Finance is responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Church, including the accounting for revenue and expenditures.
The successful candidate must hold a degree in Accounting, possess a strong knowledge of payroll and tax systems, have excellent budget management experience with Quickbooks and Excel, and be a strong communicator. The 29-hour a week job is flexible, with time in the office expected due to the sensitive nature of membership information, but work from home can be arranged at times.
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting, a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• Accounting and financial control expertise.
• Strong knowledge of payroll and tax systems.
• Excellent budget management–experience with Quickbooks and Excel (essential) and Breeze Church Management System (preferred).
• Computer expertise.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Ability to take direction and work with a team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The First Congregational Church of Darien is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Facilities are open on a limited basis. All employees, members, and visitors are required to wear masks in common areas. Time in the office is expected due to the confidentiality of records; the Director of Finance can have some flexibility to work from home as needed when approved by the Senior Minister.
We are only considering resume and cover letters submissions via email. All cover letters and resumes should be sent to FCCDJobSearch@gmail.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please name your documents as follows: RESUME-LASTNAME.PDF and COVER LETTER-LAST NAME.PDF.