We are planning a series of in-person and remote activities to celebrate the Lenten Season and Easter with our church community, for people of all ages, starting with Ash Wednesday and continuing with some new and old traditions for Holy Week and Easter! Please sign up for all activities at the links on the First Congregational Church of Darien homepage.
Check back for details as we add and update events.
- Lenten series for those new to Bible study – begins February 17; seven week series held on Thursdays at 9:30 am via Zoom
- Palm Sunday – March 28 – Service in church and livestreamed. Palms will be distributed at church and available for pick-up. Christine Geeding will lead an online cross-making workshop for families.
- Midweek devotions
- Maundy Thursday – April 1 – In person and online service with readings
- Good Friday – New Testament Reading via Zoom – April 2 (6:00am – 9:00 pm) Please sign up for a time slot here.
- Good Friday Walk with Cross – Meet at First Congregational Church of Darien at 9:45 am. We will start at FCCD at 10:00 am, and walk to St. Luke’s, stopping for prayers along the way.
- Easter Services – April 4
- Sunrise service outdoors at Mather Cemetery at 7:00 am.
- Indoor services at 9:00 am and 11:00 am in our meetinghouse, in-person with advance registration.
- The 11:00 am service will be livestreamed.
|Holy Week in a Box|
Sign up for this at-home kit with small objects to help tell the Holy Week Story. Your kit will also include an Easter Devotional Booklet by Reverend Denise Terry. Please contact Cindy Pages to order your Box. A suggested donation of $10 is appreciated to help cover the costs. Boxes will be available for pick-up on March 28th at Church.
|Help Distribute Easter Meals at Open Door Shelter|
Spring into volunteering this Easter season. We need volunteers to pack groceries on 3/29 and distribute them on 3/30 at the Smilow Life Center for the Open Door Shelter in Norwalk. This is a fun and safe way to help those in need. Sign up for a shift here.
|The Future is Bright: What’s Next for FCC Darien?|
Sharing Our Favorite Memories, and Looking to the Future
11th Hour Sunday, March 21st
Plan to join us Sunday, March 21st following worship, in the Meetinghouse, or on-line via Zoom. We’ll be talking about our favorite memories of events, activities, and traditions from our years together at FCC Darien. Whether you’ve been with us for less than a year, or you’ve been a member for more than 40 years, this gathering will be sure to bring a smile to your face, and joy to your heart as we reflect on the best of the best that we’ll want to carry with us into our future together – in perhaps new and inspired ways! Sign up or provide input here.