Because of the tremendous progress we have made in reducing COVID infections in Darien and Connecticut, we are relaxing our protocols for Sunday worship.
- Masks – If you have been fully vaccinated (i.e., if it’s been more than two weeks since you received your final dose of your COVID vaccine) then you are not required to wear a mask. If you are not fully vaccinated (including children under 12), then masks are required.
- Social Distancing in Pews – We will begin spacing worshippers in every other pew (versus every three pews). This will significantly increase the number of people who can attend worship at once. Keep in mind that there is more space upstairs in the balcony for people to spread out more if they are concerned about social distancing.
- Sign-ups/Check-ins/Waivers – Beginning with the June 27th service, we will stop requiring advance sign-ups and discontinue waiver signings. Deacons will continue to keep the sign in/attendance list count, so that we can keep track of who is in attendance.
- Traffic flow – After worship we encourage all worshippers to move outside to the lawn (or Parish Hall) to greet people immediately. We will still encourage people to enter through the main doors to make sure they are signed in.
- Singing – For the time being there will be no congregational singing indoors. Singing during outdoor services will be permitted.
- Outside services policy – There will be three outdoor services this summer: June 27, July 25 and August 29. Masks will not be required for the fully vaccinated. Worshippers should bring their own beach chairs and seat themselves according to the social distancing they find comfortable. Again, singing outdoors is encouraged